Saturday, December 10, 2005

I'm All Out of Love...I'm So Lost Without You...

Well, I know it’s been slowly eating away at you, so I might as well answer the question that’s been on everyone’s mind, lately - well, at least the one that doesn't involve the words "Nick," "Jessica" and "WHY??" No, I mean the one that involves the words: Why have things been so slow on here?

Has the Christmas shopping season suddenly turned all my free time into not-exactly-that? Nope - I finished gluing macaroni on all those refrigerator magnets way back in September (looks like that whole "low-carb" trend passed over just in time - and I hope you guys like GLITTER!) Have I finally decided to keep my incoherent ramblings (read: Alias references) to myself? As if! Does the fact that I finally started Metroid Prime 2 have anything to do with it? No - well, okay, I do loves me some sci-fi violence, but...moving on...

The real reason that I've had about as many updates in the past week as the United States has had since August 21, 1959 is because my Stupid Broken Computer is currently livin' it up repair-style on the west side - that's, like, two whole mountain chains between us! And an Alamo! And, according to my HP tracking number (speaking of which, you do not wanna know me when I’ve got a tracking number - I check on it so often you’d suspect I had, like, an orangutan hidden in the other room, or maybe another girl who doesn’t know you’re here, and that sitcommy hijinks of the "You...just wait right there - I've gotta go check on the, uh, thing in the oven" variety are about to ensue), it won't be back in my warm embrace (uh, moving on again...) until I have a car, squirrels are extinct and my favorite team actually wins The Amazing Race (the car and the squirrel thing which, actually, will most likely coincide with each other. At least, so long as I have anything to do with it.) In other words, my computer will be back NOT UNTIL FOREVER. Or, okay, not until December 16, which...do you know how long that is? It's like waiting for my birthday and Christmas at the same time! Which, actually, is already like waiting for my birthday and Christmas at the same time (December 22, y'all - gift me) so...it's like waiting for my birthday and Christmas and Bastille Day, all at the same time. Darn you, slow passage of time! Why must your dark pendulum swing to and fro at its leaden pace, slicing deeper into my soul with every beat?

Wait, what? See, my brain's all not right and stuff. By which I'm referring less to the bad poetry than I am to the fact that I even hypotheticalled that I could get two girls to have to hide from each other, let alone the first. Or an orangutan! As if!

ARGH.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually make me Laugh Out Loud. For that, I will love you the rest of my life!! Keep on blogging...

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my birthday is the 16th whaddya know. I share it with Beethoven and the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, hooray. It's Alex by the way (xander1216) loyal away-message follower.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Yes! It's love! I knew it, but was afraid to say!

And awesome - the Boston Tea Party is, like, my favorite "Has a really lame name but actually involves throwing mass amounts of stuff into the Boston Harbor" event in the past 300 years! But I'm kinda jealous because you get Boston and Beethoven, while I share a birthday with...Robin and Maurice Gibb, two-thirds of the Bee Gees? Boo-urns.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home